Bothell's Pop-up Dog Park
About the Pop-Up Dog Park Series
The Pop-up Dog Park series was created in response to growing demand for accessible, safe, and clean spaces for pets and their owners to get exercise and enjoy the outdoors. We received feedback about the need and desire for dog-friendly amenities and parks in Bothell during the Parks, Recreation, and Open Space (PROS) process, and in 2019 we created a program to serve our community, the pop-up off-leash dog park.
The fenced Pop-up Dog Park is located at Park at Bothell Landing. There are two separate spaces: one for large dogs (over 25 lbs.) and one for small dogs (under 25 lbs.).
Dates TBD | Dawn to Dusk
Free public parking is available at Park at Bothell Landing. Street parking is also available in downtown Bothell.
- Use the Dog Park at your own risk.
- All dogs must be licensed, current with all shots, healthy and wearing a collar and identification at all times. Proof of current vaccinations is required upon request of a police or animal control officer.
- Aggressive behavior is not allowed.
- All dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the dog park.
- Owners must remain in the park with their dogs at all times. Leaving dogs unattended is prohibited.
- Off-leash does not mean out of control – owners must maintain voice control at all times.
- Owners must clean up dog waste immediately. Failure to do so may result in a $250 fine. Trash cans are located throughout the park to dispose of your dog’s waste. You are also responsible for having an appropriately-sized bag with you to collect your dog’s waste (BMC 6.16.011).
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times.
- Dog toys such as balls and frisbees are acceptable. Bringing toys into Dog Park is done at owners’ risk. Please bring the toys home with you and do not leave them in the park.
- In the event of an emergency, please call 911. To report unattended dogs, call Bothell Police Animal Control at 425-486-1254.
- The following are prohibited: Human and dog food, glass containers, dogs in heat, sick dogs, puppies under 4 months of age, choke/spike/prong/pinch collars.
PLEASE NOTE: Bothell Municipal Code, 8.60.240 Pets in Park Facilities: Dogs, pets or domestic animals are not permitted on any designated swimming beach, sports fields, picnic or play areas in any Bothell park or in any building unless specifically permitted by posting; provided, that this section shall not apply to the use of a trained animal by a disabled person.
In order to preserve our parkland and maintain this space, we will close the amenity to restore the lawn and maintain the space during the rainy/wet season. We will likely reopen the pop-up at this location again next summer.
Next year as part of the recently approved 2023-2029 Capital Facilities Plan, we are planning to conduct a siting and feasibility study in 2023 to determine where a permanent dog park can be located in Bothell. As more information becomes available about future pop-ups and/or a permanent dog park, we will post information on social media and our webpage.