- Feature Links
- Title VI Non-Discrimination
The U.S. Congress signed the Civil Rights Act in 1964 and the Civil Rights Restoration Act in 1987. Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts prohibits discrimination based on race, color, gender or national origin in all benefits and services provided by government agencies. Additional nondiscrimination laws prohibit discrimination based on disability, age, income status, minority status, or limited English proficiency. Title VI applies to all local government programs and activities.
No person in the City of Bothell shall, on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or gender, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity. Furthermore, the City of Bothell discourages discrimination on the grounds of age, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, income, or limited English proficiency.
- Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Title VI Guides
- Environmental Justice (Executive Order 12898)
- Limited English Proficiency (Executive Order 13166)
- Revised Code of Washington RCW 49.60
- Section 162 of the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1973 (23 USC 324)
- Uniform Act of 1970 (49 CFR Part 24)