On Sunday, August 20th, at approximately 10:15am, a female Bothell resident reported she returned to her home in the 10500 block of Woodinville Dr NE and was confronted by an unknown male suspect inside of her residence. The victim reported the suspect sexually assaulted her, then fled the residence. The Bothell Police Department is actively investigating this assault and is seeking assistance from the community.
If you were in the area of the 10500 blk of Woodinville DR NE on the morning of Sunday,August 20th, and recall seeing anything out of the ordinary or anything that you believe may assist detectives with their investigation, please contact the Bothell Police Department at (425) 486‐1254 or the Bothell Police Department Tip Line at (425) 487‐5551. Please reference Case Number 17‐19285.
Crime Prevention Tips
To assist community members from being victimized, the Bothell Police Department is offering these
crime prevention suggestions:
- Prior to leaving your residence, lock all windows and doors.
- Consider installing a residential security system.
- While at home, ensure windows and doors are locked during the night and/or hours of darkness.
- When you’re away from home, use light timers and leave radios on to give the appearance you are
- Do not share personally identifying information or addresses with anyone you don’t know.
Be aware of your surroundings. If you see activity that you believe is suspicious, CALL 911. Many cases are solved quickly when employees call 911 either while they are seeing suspicious activity or immediately after they observe suspicious activity. Do not confront suspicious subjects, but do your best to get a good physical description of the suspicious subject(s). If the person is
associated with a vehicle, do your best to determine the make/model, color and license plate number if possible.
For more information, please contact the Bothell Police Department at (425) 486‐1254.