With Bothell’s Main Street Enhancement Project complete, the City’s traditional July 4 parades will travel down the revitalized Main Street for the first time. Both the Children’s Parade and the Grand Parade will begin near the intersection of 104th Ave NE and Main Street.
Festivities will begin with the annual pancake breakfast at the downtown fire station, followed by the two parades.
July 4 schedule of events
|8:30 – 10:30 a.m.||Pancake Breakfast||Downtown Fire Station, 10726 Beardslee Blvd|
|11:15 a.m.||Children’s Parade||Starts at Main St. and 104th Ave NE|
|Noon||Grand Parade||Starts at Main Street and 104th Ave NE|
Parade details and parking
Parade-watchers eager to get the best seats may set chairs on the parade route now, with some limitations.
- There is no advance chair placement on the east or west sides of the Multiway Boulevard (Bothell Way).
- Chairs may not be placed in the rain gardens on Bothell Way.
- Please make sure that chairs do not block crosswalks, entrances to parking spaces or stores, or disabled parking access.
- Limited parking is available at City Hall and Pop Keeney Stadium as well as on-street parking. Please note that all parking is first-come, first-parked. A parade route map and details, including parking for those with disabilities, are available at www.bothellwa.gov/FreedomFestival
Several roads will be closed for the parades beginning about 9:45 a.m. Roads will reopen about 2 p.m.
- Bothell Way NE at Main St.
- Kaysner Way from SR 522 to Main St.
- Beardslee Blvd from 104 Ave NE to NE 185 St.
- Valley View Rd. from Kaysner Way to 110th Ave NE
- 101 Ave NE from Main Street to NE 185th Street
- 102 Ave NE (including the bridge) from NE 185 St. to the King County Trail parking lot
- 103 Ave NE from Main St. to NE 185 St.
- 104 Ave NE from Main St. to NE 185 St.
- Main St. from 102nd Ave NE to 104th Ave NE
Parade Staging and Participation
- All children participating in the Children’s Parade should line up at 104th Ave NE and Beardslee. There is no pre-registration for this event.
- All staging for the Grand Parade is at UW Bothell. If you did not pre-register you can still join in the fun! Your entry will be added to the end of the parade line-up.
- If you need parking passes or other information, contact Kari Bachle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-471-4698
Fireworks safety reminders
The City of Bothell allows the sale and discharge of state-approved Class C fireworks from July 1st through July 4th. People are allowed to discharge approved fireworks only on July 4th from 9 a.m. - 11 p.m. Keep these safety tips in mind:
- It is always best to leave fireworks to the professionals.
- Never allow children to light fireworks.
- Always keep a bucket of water or garden hose nearby while using fireworks.
- Never re-light fireworks that did not fully ignite.
- To report the use of illegal devices call 911. For other non-emergency fireworks complaints, please call 425-486-1254.