As you know, City Hall and some other facilities have been closed for quite some time. We are planning for hybrid meetings and hoped to reopen City Hall to walk-ins in early September, but have now delayed a full reopening as Delta cases are on the rise. Staff has upgraded equipment in the Council Chamber in preparation for hybrid meetings and will continue testing the new system to be ready when we are able to safely reopen.
Current Service : In-Person Service by Appointments Only
- Some staff have started to phase back into facilities and workspaces, based on department needs and public health guidance
- City Hall customer lobby and most services remain virtual, and we encourage the public to use online services where possible
- Police Lobby – open to walk in customers Monday through Friday 8am to 3pm
- If desired or necessary, some in-person services are being scheduled by appointment
- Some offices and staff are hosting small in-person meetings with members of the public, based on size, location, function, and work group needs
- Council and Board/Commission meetings will continue to meet virtually
Check here for more details on current services
Other COVID Updates
In response to guidance from the state as well as King County and Snohomish County, we have revised our staff mask policy. All staff, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear facial coverings indoors unless working alone in an office or individual workspace and outdoors unless 6-feet social distancing can be maintained.
Washington Fire Chiefs and Washington State Council of Fire Fighters confirmed that fire and EMS personnel, as frontline healthcare workers, are subject to the Governor’s mandatory vaccination proclamation. This means as of right now, Bothell Firefighters will be required to show proof of vaccination by October 18, 2021. Leadership will be bargaining the impacts of this mandatory requirement with our Fire union as required.
The surge in cases is impacting people throughout King and Snohomish counties as well as in our organization. We have had several staff exposures in the past few weeks. Fortunately, masks and vaccinations have kept Delta from spreading within the organization, so far. Please follow the recommendations of our public health departments and get the vaccine.
Thank you for your flexibility!