The City of Bothell Arts Commission has released a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for artists specializing in Public Art to design and incorporate artwork into the rebuild of Bothell’s Fire Station #42. The artist selected to work with the design team will have an estimated budget of approximately $100,000 which includes design, materials and fabrication, installation support, taxes, travel and insurance.The art committee reviewing the qualifications will welcome an innovative approach to the art that is potentially:
Call for Artists for Fire Station #42
• Reflective of the City of Bothell Fire Department’s mission and vision;
• Engages the community and is of historic significance;
• Connects to other significant areas or neighborhoods such as UW Bothell/Cascadia College;
• An opportunity to incorporate light;
• An opportunity to signify when a fire or medic response is occurring.
The artist will work with the art committee and the City’s project manager to develop an artwork that meets stakeholder expectations, fits the needs of the project, and is fabricated and installed within the schedule of general construction.
The art committee will review Statements of Qualifications and select up to three finalists to submit proposals. Artists will be considered based on:
• Quality of past art works of similar scale and context;
• Demonstrated ability to research and develop art that is reflective of the community;
• Demonstrated design and project management skills working with a public project;
• Demonstrated ability to work with architects, engineers, contractors and a diverse project team, including examples of how previous works have evolved in response to input from diverse stakeholders;
• Demonstrated ability to meet project timeline and budget.
Funding is made possible from the City of Bothell’s Safe and Secure voter approved bond to replace Fire Station #42 and #45 and by applying the One Percent for Art Policy adopted by Bothell City Council in 2017. Fire Station #42 is located at 10726 Beardslee Blvd in downtown Bothell.
Questions regarding this call may be addressed to: DeNae McGee, Tourism Manager at email@example.com, 425-471-9303.