Del Spivey and his family moved to Bothell in 1966. He graduated from Inglemoor High School in 1981. At the start of his senior year, he joined the Bothell Fire Department as a volunteer firefighter. He married his high school sweetheart, Valery (they just celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary) and he hired on with another fire department. The couple and their children moved to the Lake Stevens area but moved back to Bothell in 1992. Their two kids attended Bothell schools. He is proud of the economic redevelopment that has occurred in the downtown area and looks forward to seeing economic redevelopment and parks development in the Snohomish County portion of the city in the near future.
Councilmember Spivey serves on the following Boards/Committees:
- Economic Development Committee
- Public Safety Committee
- Law Enforcement Officers & Firefighters (LEOFF 1) Board
- Joint City/Fire District Advisory Board
- Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
- Northshore Parks & Recreation Services Area (PRSA) Board